Research & Training Department
Chairman: Prof. Fakhr El-Islam, Mohamed The Behman Hospital has always been keen on promoting research in different aspects of psychiatry. We believe that research is closely liked to developing and improving the qualities of our services.
The following are examples of research projects carried out by Behman Hospital medical and psychologist teams:
- Olanzapine versus chlorpromazine in the treatment of schizophrenia in Egypt. An open label study. (1997)
- Rispredone (RIS-INI-36) study, (two Projects) (1997 ,1999).
- Aricept in the treatment of Early cases of Alzheimer's disease. An open label study. (1998)
- Iloperidone Study (ILP 3002 study) (2000, 2001)
Research projects completed and published:
- ECT Audit.
- UNODCCP study for the Training for Doctors working in the Governmental Centres for Addiction.
- Attitude to Mental Illness of the professionals working in the field of mental illness and the public.
- UNDCP Study on illicit drug market in Greater Cairo.
- Measuring the presence of Scheniderian First Rank Symptoms in a sample of psychotic patients.
- The Changing Pattern of religious symptoms among a sample of psychotic patients in Egypt over the past 20 years.
Medical Information Articles:
History of the Egyptian Psychiatric Association
The Egyptian Psychiatric Association was established in 1971. The founders were:
Abdel Aziz Askar, Adly Fahy, Ahmed Okasha, Ahmed Wagdy, Fathy Loza, Gamal Aboul Azaem, Mahmoud Sami Abdel Gawad, Mohamed Kamal El Kholy, Selim Osman
Insanity on The Nile
Insanity on the Nile. (The history of Psychiatry in Ancient Egypt)
Loza N. & Forshaw D. (1988 )
Psychiatry Services in Egypt
Psychiatry Services in Egypt Scope for improvement
Loza N. & Nabil I . (1990 ) P.17 ,18
Business Monthly, April 1990
Psychiatry in the Global Village
Egypt : The pace of life and the pace of reform in Psychiatry in the Global Village
Loza N. & Nabil I . (1992 )
Gaskell publications 1992 P. 115- 120